Top 23 Signs That You May Have an Anger Management Problem
Answering “yes” to any of the following questions may be a sign of a anger management problem. The more you answer “yes” the more likely it is that you have an anger management problem. Answering yes to five or more of these questions suggests that an anger management class may be helpful.
1. Do you find it difficult to remain calm when someone has an opinion which differs from yours?
2. Do people describe you as two different people – a “Dr. Jeckyl” when calm and a “Mr Hyde when angered?
3. Do your spouse and/or friend avoid conflict with you?
4. Are you a “yeller”?
5. Would others describe you as “prickly” or “too sensitive”?
6. Have you ever become so angry at someone in traffic that you cut them off, tailgated or rolled down your window to yell at them or made an obscene gesture?
7. Have you ever surprised yourself by how angry you got or what you did while angry?
8. Have you ever broken an object (glass, table, chair, ashtray, punched a wall. during an argument?
9. Has anyone ever said that s/he is afraid of you?
10. When angry have you ever raised your hand or shaken your fist at anyone?
11. Have you ever slapped, hit or laid hands on other person when angry?
12. Has anyone ever suffered an injury of any sort as a result of your anger?
13. I get angry when I am interrupted.
14. I get angry when I have to wait.
15. I get angry when I feel criticized.
16. People would describe me as sarcastic
17. I’ve said things when angry that I later regretted.
18. Most of my problems have to do with the way other people act.
19. I think other people are too sensitive.
20. Its difficult for me to overlook other people’s mistakes.
21. I hold grudges.
22. Others think I tend to overreact.
23. I get angry or impatient when there isn’t enough time to do what I want to do.
If you answered “yes” 5 or more times in this self evaluation an anger management class may be helpful. Click on the one of the links at the top of the page to lean how Dr. James’ online anger management classes can benefit you!